The purpose of this puzzle board is to show how different shapes can fit together to make new shapes.
For the ages of 2 ½ years and onwards
Purpose: To show how different shapes cant fit together to make a new shape.
To enhance hand-eye coordination and concentration.
Framework Mapping: EYLF
- They are too young to realize the purpose but the concept will be absorbed.
- First, start with the solid shapes take them out and show how you can find the shape to fit the right hole.
- They need to do this gently and quietly.
- Do the next row and then put them back, the same with the third row.
- Only for an older child would you take them all out, as it is too overwhelming to have all the pieces out.
- This is developing their cognitive skills and their recognition of shapes.